With the all-new Impulse, lightweight and stability go hand in hand. It's Altra's lightest stability shoe to date and combines Innerflex and StabiliPod technologies to give you flexible stability where you need it. The friction free, lightweight upper and FootShape toe box keep your feet comfortable across long distance runs. The fully cushioned ZeroDrop platform encourages a more natural, low-impact foot strike and features a lightweight, responsive A-Bound / EVA blend. Go fast, stay stable and run better with the new Impulse.
- Ideal Uses: Road running, walking, light trail running, cross training and speed work
- Designed to Improve: Running form, assist fallen arches, excessive pronation
- Platform: Natural foot positioning: FootShape toe box with fully cushioned ZeroDrop platform
- Last: SL2
- Midsole: Ultralight EVA with A-Bound top layer, StabiliPod technology, Varus Stability wedge technology
- Outsole: FootPod™ Outsole with StabiliPod technology
- Insole: 5 mm contour footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Air Mesh
A-Bound technology: Made of recycled materials, this unique layer sits directly under the foot to reduce the impact of hard surfaces and return energy return into each stride. It's literally a layer of bouncy ball between the road and your feet!
Innerflex: Grid-like grooves in the midsole allow your foot to flex where it needs to for more speed and better performance. Unnecessary midsole was removed to create the flex grooves, making the show incredibly light and fast.
Varus Stability: The full-length 4 mm varies, sloped down from the inside to the outside of the shoe, provides flexible stability to help prevent early and late stage foot collapse.
StabiliPod: This innovative midsole technology acts as a stabilizing tripod by enhancing the three natural stability zones in your foot to help prevent excessive foot collapse or pronation.
To maximize the benefits of Altra Footwear, we encourage you to follow these fitting suggestions:
- Please allow at least ½ inch between the longest toe and the end of the shoe
- Zero Drop footwear should feel as relaxed and natural as possible
- If fit is correct, it may feel "too loose" around toes and may take a day or two for feet to get used to spreading out
- Fitting this way will allow feet to become more stable, more comfortable and more powerful